Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Craft Time.

Hey friends! It's been a busy month, I've been freelancing at Abelson Taylor since Halloween. In case you were wondering, Halloween is a hilarious day to start working somewhere.  And I've making pretty things.

I've been needing a new wallet for about 2 years, but I'm too cheap and also too picky, so I finally decided to make one. I'm pretty happy with it. Vintage zippers, awesome fabric combinations, and all the right pockets.






I also crocheted the warmest scarf I've ever worn.  I used the afghan stitch, so it's literally a mini blanket that's appropriate for me to wear in public.  It may suffocate me, but at least it'll hold out the chicago winds!



I finished the scarf on the train ride home for Thanksgiving, so I tested it out at Saugatuck Dunes. It worked pretty perfectly.

also, my parents dog is awesome. not very good at posing for pictures though. 

and a few of the first snowflakes of the season!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I want to learn this afghan stitch! I want to make me a sweet face/neck blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone who lives in Pilsen who would love to teach you! and I hear she makes a pretty mean pizza for her guests... :D

    ReplyDelete